Farsley Scouts in the community
Farsley Scout Group has a good community standing and our constantly increasing numbers reassure that this is the case.
In the past 4 years we have opened a second Beaver Colony, a second Cub Pack and a second Scout Troop.
Our ‘Wanting to Join’ list is ever lengthening, with children from not only Farsley but also surrounding areas wishing to be a part of the group.
Farsley Scout Group has, over many years, participated in several annual village and other local events, including and not limited to:
- Farsley Aston Martin Day – assisting with traffic management and concours parking.
- Farsley In Bloom – planting bulbs in various places.
- Farsley Festival – promoting activities for children.
- Rodley Nature Reserve – helping to set up/take down stalls at their Summer Fayre and providing fun activities for youngsters.
- Farsley Lights – walking in the Parade. In the past few years we have provided a decorated Float to boost the Parade.
- Remembrance Day – running a poppy stall.
- Farsley Cenotaph Remembrance Service – attending and laying a Poppy Wreath.
Sunday 21 November 2021
This Sunday saw the group attend the Rotary Shoebox service at Farsley Community Church. In excess of 100 shoeboxes were donated! Below is a photo of one of our Beavers, Alex Robey, holding the beaver flag.